September 14, 2017, 6 – 8 p.m.
The Pitch Night competition (open to the public) will take place at the Goshen Chamber of Commerce, 232 South Main Street, Goshen, IN 46526.
Accepting applications May 15 – September 1, 2017
Submit your application for Goshen Pitch Night and raise money for your small business idea! (Link at bottom of page)
What it is
Five minutes to pitch your idea to a panel of local entrepreneurs to win.
- Q&A, feedback, advice on your idea
- services from other local businesses, things like web design, marketing, accounting, legal help
- up to $5,000
- most importantly: ongoing mentorship/support as you get to work
Why we’re doing this
We want to build a strong local network of entrepreneurs. Ultimately, as a City and a region, we all succeed or fail together.
Who should pitch
Anyone interested in expanding or opening a business in Goshen:
- Clearly defined problem/solution
- Evidence of feasibility, i.e. capital, knowledge, market potential, ability to launch/implement within six months
- Clearly defined business model, i.e. how does the business make money
- Competitive differentiation/advantage
- Explanation of how the winnings would accelerate the business toward launch/growth, i.e. how will the dollars be utilized
5 Minutes not enough?
Sure it is, there are lots of good resources out there about what to include. Here’s one. Alan and Jon will help you.
Partners who make Pitch Night possible
- Greater Goshen Association/Goshen Chamber Foundation
- Elkhart County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC)
- Goshen College
- Goshen News
How to apply
>> Vet your idea with one of our two local business experts, Alan Steele, ISBDC and Jonathan Geiser, Goshen College Entrepreneurship and they will enter you into the next pitch night event – click to fill out an application form now! <<
- JC Cheesecakes, at the Old Bag Factory, 1100 Chicago, Avenue, Goshen
Pitch Night winner opening cheesecake shop in Goshen’s Old Bag Factory, Goshen News, 3/3/17
- Soapy Gnome, 111 East Washington Street, Goshen
- Sydor Aerial Photography, Goshen