October 23, 2018, 6 – 8 p.m.
The Pitch Night competition (open to the public) will take place at the Goshen Chamber of Commerce, 232 South Main Street, Goshen, IN 46526.
Accepting applications August 27 – September 28, 2018
Submit your application for Goshen Pitch Night and raise money for your small business idea! (Link at bottom of page)
What it is
Five minutes to pitch your idea to a panel of local entrepreneurs to win.
- Q&A, feedback, advice on your idea
- services from other local businesses, things like web design, marketing, accounting, legal help
- up to $6,000
- most importantly: ongoing mentorship as you get to work
Why we’re doing this
The Goshen Chamber’s mission statement is to “Champion Our Community’s Business Fututre.” We want to build a strong local network of entrepreneurs. Pitch Night is a way to do just that.
Who should pitch
Anyone interested in expanding or opening a business in Goshen:
- Clearly defined problem/solution
- Evidence of feasibility, i.e. capital, knowledge, market potential, ability to launch/implement within six months
- Clearly defined business model, i.e. how does the business make money
- Competitive differentiation/advantage
- Explanation of how the winnings would accelerate the business toward launch/growth, i.e. how will the dollars be utilized
5 Minutes not enough?
Sure it is, there are lots of good resources out there about what to include. Here’s one. Alan and Jon will help you.
Partners who make Pitch Night possible
- Goshen Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Goshen Association
- Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC)
- Goshen College
How to Apply
>> Vet your idea with one of our two local business experts, Alan Steele, ISBDC and Jonathan Geiser, Goshen College Entrepreneurship and they will enter you into the next pitch night event – click to fill out an application form now! <<